Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Thank, Q Thanks U


What a difference a year makes. When I first started blogging a year ago, it was just to get something off of my chest. I was tired of going to forums on different websites to post my comments and wait on a response. I didn't like being restricted on my discussions.

Well, one year later, I'm still in the game and feeling pretty good about it! I remember my first follower, Jim. I was actually excited that someone thought of the blog post enough to want to follow me. That meant that I had to make more, right?

So, the second post came along (on the same day -- LOL)! That's when the addiction started. Later, I started checking out other people to see what they were saying. I first started with Annah over there at Red Means Go. Her site is full of flat-out funny stories and animations. To top things off, she's absolutely gorgeous. Can't go wrong there. It was her blog that got me fired up and wanting to stay in the game.

From her site, I ran into Falen from Colorful Rants of a Fed Up Sista. I saw one of Falen's comments on Annah's page and it made me crack up laughing. I figured if her comments were this funny, then her blog had to be even better. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I started following her. I don't know where "Thundercat" comes up with the things she types. It's funny and scary at the same time. Falen gave me the boost that I needed as a rookie. She took me under her wing and really supported my blog early on. I honestly think that a lot of my followers are from her blog.

Falen did a guest post over at the Thoughts of a Randomista site and that's how I got introduced to Lynn's blog. We never agree on anything which is probably why we love one another. I think Lynn and I would have been the best of friends had we grown up together. When I first read her blog, I was completely stunned that she was actually just as crazy as Falen. I didn't think that it was possible.

So many other bloggers came along and inspired me. Unfortunately, I can't name them all, but I will mention those who support my blog with their comments:

Chaplain Donna at Empowered Peace - First Lady material. She should be every girl's role model.
Sonia at LogAllot - Marketing genius whose site has helped me tremendously.
Israel at Israel Carrasco Monologue Jokes - Hilarious, straight-to-the-point blog postings.
Erin at The Life of Ann James - Style blogger with the prettiest smile in the blogging community.
Scott at This Daddys Blog - Family man and sports fan. Gotta love that.
Michelle W. at Mommy Confessions - Not your typical mommy blogger. Michelle brings it.
Michelle R. at Rantings of The Reckmonster - Half-Filipino/Half-Crazy, but all-entertaining.
Alexandra at the Tsaritsa Sez - A free spirit whose blog will leave you smiling.
Lil Pixi at It's A Lollipop World - Entertaining. Resilient. Supportive.

Jillsmo at Yeah. Good Times. - Please follow her on Twitter. Funniest tweets ever.
The Empress at The Ranter's Box - Has some of the funniest videos/photos you'll ever see.
Cheryl at Diana Dishes - She's not a follower, but I like her. Very smart and a football fan. 'Nuff said.
Brandon at My Own Private Idaho - Great blogger and even better commenter.
Bob at Squatlo Rant - If you love politics and photos, then Bob is your guy.
Alice at Guys, Boys, and Men - My 50th follower and a very insightful blogger.
Charli Penn at Man, Wife, and Dog - Is the real deal when it comes to relationships.
Jewel at Jewels Turning 30 - Full of sexy and funny stories.
Tiffany at The Chocolate Knot - Always has a great point or two to make on her blog.
EmDottie at Electrik Blu - Young and outspoken. I love that combo!

Others who recently got aboard the Q-train: Mynx (follower #100), Mooner Johnson, and Lawfrog.

So, let me take the time to thank you.

Thank you for a 365 day trip that has allowed me to express myself in any way that I choose.

Thank you for all of the comments regardless if they agree with my point of view.

Thank you for clicking Follow and showing that my blog means something to you.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks, Q! I remember when I got my first follower, my first commenter, etc. Now, I am 4 years in to my "career" as a blogger! It's been such a great springboard for me into so many other things. I owe that to every person who has ever read or commented on my blog! This of course includes you! Muah :-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a rock star, Q!! Always love reading your posts - thought provoking and entertaining. You have also had some of the most GENIUS ideas on the blogosphere - the Number One Stunner Award, and of COURSE - the ridiculously entertaining "Reality Show" you dreamed up! And even though I've been absent a bit - love the radio show, too! Congrats on your year anniversary! Can't wait to see what's in store for this upcoming year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your anniversary and although I am only a recent follower (ridiculously chuffed at being #100) I am loving it. Looking forward to celebrating future milestones with you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quincy, you're awesome, and you just seem awesomer everyday! I may have made that word up.

    You were one of my first followers, and I remember I was so fresh & inexperienced in the world of blogging it must have taken me about a week to realize "Hey, this dude probably has a blog too" & learn how to check out profiles. LOL

    You are a priceless blogging buddy! Happy Blogiversary! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blog Birthday. Lets get the strippers. Shit dont tell anyone I said that. ANd I am stoked for Sunday man. Get it right and tight and keep on blogging, now go get your ass some kids and join the fatherhood club

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the 1 year mark! Maybe after another year or two they'll release you for good behavior and you can be free of this internet prison we call blogging!

    I kid, I kid. Keep on keepin on, and I'll keep coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to everyone who has commented! I couldn't have done it without you! I look forward to Year Two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Q glad i found your blog! Happy blog Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. T-Q. You are one of the good guys and we all appreciate what you do to promote here in Blogworld.

    One blogger year is like ten dog years. That means you are now like what, 70 years old? Man, you don't look 70. Do you moisturize?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, Q!!!! This has me grinning from ear to ear. I love you too honey! And you KNOW I love your blog. Congrats on the one year anniversary!! And many moooooore! *hits my dougie*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why, yes, Mooner, I do moisturize! Thanks, again, all! Charli, nice dougie! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww thank you sir! What a nice compliment :) Looking forward to many more years of YOU! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Q, congrats on your 1st year and here's to wishing you many more to come. I remember when I found your blog, I couldn't stop laughing at how witty you are. You are incredibly smart and super funny and you have inspired me more then you know.

    Thanks for ALWAYS keeping it real and in perspective on each and every topic you create. That level of honesty is few and far between for most and I thoroughly enjoy reading every post you craft! Thanks for being my friend Q!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Sonia! You've been a tremendous influence to the design and marketing angle of my blog. I'm glad we found each other!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog