They finally got me. I thought a trusted friend was sending a video to me and didn't realize that they'd been hacked as well until it was too late. I finally got fooled.
My Instagram account of 10+ years is no more. I have uninstalled it and I have moved on.
It's all good though. My activity on IG basically nothing minus the one or two times per week I checked it for funny videos that people send me. I wasn't using it regularly, but it still contained a lot of content.
I hope nothing malicious is done with the photos. With today's A.I. being as good as it is, the last thing that I want to see is my face robbing a bank in Idaho or something. That's a real concern in 2026.
But I also will miss some of the connections. For some people, IG was the only link that I had to them. Friends in Toronto that I met over a decade ago. Friends in Louisiana whose businesses I try to support. Local businesses that I follow for upcoming events. I'll have to find another way to track them all down.
In the meantime, if you see a video of someone who looks like me being chased by the police in a stolen car, just know that it's not really me. And if you later find out that it was me then know that I probably have a pretty good explanation for it.
(And happy birthday to my friend, Tami Scott in Louisville, KY.)

No comments:
Post a Comment