Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2020

10 Years of Blogging

Me from 10 years ago
Wow.  Yesterday was my blog's 10th birthday and I was so busy with my radio show that I forgot about it!

It's hard to believe that a simple blurb that I posted on 7/15/10 has led to almost 700 more posts.  And I absolutely appreciate all of you for reading them.  Even if you only read one.

And 1.25m views later, I guess that I'm still doing my thing, albeit not nearly as often as it once was.  I started my radio show about 7 months after my blog and spent a lot of time building it.  It really became my focus around 2013 after the passing of The Mrs.  I put all of my spare time into it to help ease the pain of losing her.  Plus I'd just lost my mom five months prior.  2012 was rough.

But thanks to loyal readers supporting me, a radio show audience, and the love of family and friends, I made it through and I've made the most of my life since.  I have a job that I love.  I have a woman that I love.  And I have a family that loves me.  You can't ask for much more!

I'm not sure how long I'll continue to blog.  Maybe this is something that I will do until the day I expire.  Who knows?  I could be 88 years old and on here complaining about something President Malia Obama did (I'm assuming that we will have at least a few female presidents in the next 40 years).

In the meantime, I'll continue to do my thing here and over at T2Q.  I have fun bringing crazy stories and information to the masses and I hope that you all have enjoyed it as well.  Thanks for hanging in their with me through 10 years of funny, happy, crazy, informative, and sometimes sad blog posts.  I hope that I can fulfill 10 more if possible!

Me today. What a difference 10 years makes, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! seems like yesterday when this all started, this an example of what "we" need to do stop whining about who'd not do it for you, use your talent and do it yourself, its fulfilling and it's TRUE independence and freedom... there's been so many great pieces over the years, from relationship, parenting, social, moral advice, and things that make you think like Where's the Love or White People: Do Your Part , then my favorite a true masterpiece worthy of a Pulitzer, I'm in Love with a Stripper, so keep it up dawg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! YEah, I know that the latter is your favorite. I may need to turn that into a podcast. Thanks for always supporting, man. I'm glad that this has been enlightening and entertaining.

      Delete

Search This Blog