Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Girls Gone White

I'm up late watching HDNet which is one of my favorite channels. After watching a very entertaining episode of "Art Mann Presents," I go to the kitchen to get some water only to return to the start of "Girls Gone Wild: Unrated."

That show is absolutely nuts.

It's amazing how just a production name and a camera can bring out the most unpredictable behavior in a person. I could go into a bar in Jackson with a GGW t-shirt on, a microphone and someone carrying a camera and literally wind up with a group of topless women in a hotel room licking on each other. God bless America, right?

For those of you who have not seen this phenomenon, let me break down a typical show segment for you:

Guy shows up at beach with a microphone and a camera man. Women immediately start to turn towards the camera, pull up their bikini tops and scream "whooooooooo!!!!!!" The guy then selects five girls to go to his limo where he then instructs three of them to do a three-way tongue kiss for the camera. After that, he asks that each of them turn around and show their butt before reminding them that they can no longer wear their tops in the limo. After the ride back to the GGW bus, the ladies get on board and commence to doing each other on a bed.

This is pretty much the entire show. I know what you're asking yourself, "What do the girls get in return for showing their breasts and butts to the world via HDTV and Web?"

A GGW t-shirt and booty shorts! Well, that's all worth it then, right?


But, after about 15-20 minutes, I started noticing that something was missing while I was composing this blog post with this show playing in the background. I started to notice that it was basically a loop of similar-looking girls with pierced nipples in every other shot. Nothing exotic. Nothing uncommon. Just everyday mall rats who were looking for their 15 minutes of fame by any means necessary. Then it hit me:

In the words of Bizarro Sheriff Bart from 'Blazing Saddles,' "Where all the black women at?" That's right. 30 minutes without a site of one sista. Not even a chica or a pinay. Just Girls Gone White.


Then again, I do understand that it's not necessarily a race thing. It's a money thing. That's what sells. Who pays to see naked and white party girls? White guys. Do you know who else pays to see naked and white party girls? Every other race of guys. So, you can't lose right? Let's be honest, I would guess (I don't know for sure) that more non-white guys would buy a GGW Blu Ray quicker than white guys would buy a Black GGW Blu Ray.


You have to cater to the market, right? And white women are universal like Type-O blood. I know some sistas may wrinkle their foreheads reading this, but I didn't make the rules or set the standards. Society did long before I walked this earth. White women are the only race of women who can have their sex appeal marketed in any part of the world because they are stereotyped to be more fun than other races.

Is that true? I don't know. I've never dated a white woman before. I've had plenty of friends (no benefits), classmates and co-workers who were white, but their personalities weren't too much different than any black women I knew. Somewhat less guarded and more outgoing than some black women? Maybe. Then again, I didn't hang around too many party types on a regular basis.  I have a (black) homie of mine who has dated mostly whites in his life. I've heard him refer to them as "easy-going," "open" and "adventurous." Is he accurate? I haven't a clue, but I do know that none of the women in the show appeared to have any regrets for what they were doing. Half of them didn't even appear to be drunk. They all seemed like a group of girls who just wanted to have a good time and be able to say they were "a Girl Gone Wild."

Well, personally, it's not a big deal to me. I realize that it's easier to find a water-skiing squirrel on YouTube than it is to find a black woman on an after-hours premium channel. I don't think it means that white women are all "party girls" or sexier any more than black women are.

I just think it means that they sell more Blu Rays/DVD's. Type-O.




.

17 comments:

  1. Dude, I opened this up at work and got a bunch of butt cheeks glaring at me-- ugh :P GGW is one of the blights of our society, proving that stupid people will do anything for a little bit of "fame."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q, I'm probably going to draw a lot of fire from this, but, you know me...I can't keep my mouth shut (especially when I'm too busy laughing at what I'm fixing to say). It's tongue-in-cheek, so just remember that...

    My guess about why there are always white girls in these videos is because of the cultural differences in families.

    For instance, a white girl's family might say, "Well, little Suzy is just going through an experimental phase..."

    While a black girl's family would say, "Shaniqua KNOWS better than to put her black ass on a video like that - unless she wants her ass tore up when she gets home!"

    An Asian girl's family might say, "Mei Ling knows this would bring great shame to our family's ancestors! And would greatly affect her ability to get into M.I.T."

    And a Latin girl would know better because her brothers would beat her ass if they ever had to hear that their homies were talking dirty about their baby sister in a skanky video.

    Or maybe it's what you said...marketing.

    BAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how to answer this and be PC. Like...at all. Fuck...okay here goes...and please don't hate me!

    The only thing that I can see that may add merit to your assessment that white girls are more likely to end up on GGW is because they are spoiled, rich, too much money, daddy complex sissy bitches and want attention. I can say that...cause I'm white.

    Have you ever seen a black woman with self esteem that low? Hell no! She may have a single mother, grandmother, or auntie taking care of her telling her to NEVER link her self worth to a man. She has her Daddy telling her that he better NEVER see her shaking her ass for money and the girl knows he really means, "Cause I will kill your ass if I do!" In my personal experience the black women I know have much higher self esteem and respect for themselves and their bodies.

    The white girls I know who behave as if they belong on GGW have more $ than they know what to do with but Daddy is too busy to love them...or loved them TOO much...and they crave validation elsewhere. I think it is less race and more cultural. Black women are STRONG ass women! White chicks are fucking babies.

    Did I just put a racist foot in my mouth? I hope not since you know I am not racist...but that is my take on things. It has nothing to do with which race is sexier but more about which race is less secure and more in need of male attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha @Reckmonster you posted the same exact thing I did at the same exact time. haha. So glad I'm not alone in this line of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Jewels...THAT is fucking hilarious!!!! Ahhhh...you know what they say? Great minds think alike!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Tsaritsa - Sorry! LOL! You never know what will show up on my page. It will never be Rated: R, but I will some times push the envelope!

    @ Reck - LOL! That was priceless! You hit every stereotype on the head and unfortunately, most stereotypes have a hint of truth to them. Although it's not politically correct, I can't argue with you on any of those! :)

    Then again, I'm not politically correct much, am I?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jewels - I get what you're saying and you're on-point. Also, a white person with a blemish on their record normally has a better chance at success than a black person. That's just the way it is. That's why Kardashian and Hilton got famous off of their sex tapes and I can't think one black woman who has.

    Now, from a guy's point of view, that same scenario you laid out is why most guys (of any color) think white women are more fun. Other races sometimes appear to be more guarded (for the reasons Reckmonster stated).

    I think that's what make you all "Type-O" and targets of these shows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Q-for the reasons I stated THAT type of white woman is more fun...for a time...and then they are just straight up crazy, needy, ridiculous hot messes! Nothing that ridiculous lasts forever without getting really annoying. If you just want to (excuse my crudeness) get your dick wet, then yeah THAT type of white woman is great. Otherwise I'd stick to sane women.

    *scratches head and thinks to self* Maybe I'd get laid more often if I had Daddy issues and featured on GGW...I should look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Jewels - Yeah, they may not be long term options for most guys. However, I know a guy who married one and he's regretting it now (since she's never home).

    ReplyDelete
  10. To respond to what some people commented: I'm white and being in a trashy GGW video would absolutely not fly with my parents. They'd be pissed.

    Not sure why there's mostly white girls in the videos, but it probably has something to do with which locations they choose to shoot at, and who the producers pick for the scenes.

    That said, didn't Snoop Dogg do a GGW video? Maybe you need to watch that one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Tsaritsa - Location isn't a huge issue since all races tend to spring break in Cancun, Dayton, etc. I just think they choose the group that sells.

    Snoop did, but unless you were up at 3 AM when it was first advertised, then you probably would have never even known it. Snoop's DVD didn't sell and in comparison, GGW has their own TV show now.

    I don't see many other races doing this for a t-shirt. In fact, I can visualize them all asking, "how much?"

    Again, I'm not seeking any of this out for myself. You can find any race you want on the internet, but I was just calling it like I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're probably right, Q. But people saying that "white girls have lower self esteem in comparison to other ethnicities" doesn't sit well with me. Self-esteem is up to the individual, not skin color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Tsaritsa - It definitely doesn't apply to all. All races have esteem issues.

    I just think society affords white women (especially if they're cute) more opportunities than minorities. That can contribute to some of the risk-taking they may do that others won't. Lindsay Lohan can drive drunk & do drugs regularly, but Lil' Kim goes to jail for lying to a grand jury (albeit a serious matter).

    Plus, minorities don't normally have bail money either. LOL! So, it's probably more of an criminal/economic thing than esteem issues.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry, did you say something?

    I, um, got distracted...

    *shakes head*

    You know, some girls never grow out of that phase. My mom is 50, and she'd TOTALLY be on that show if the cameramen would let her...

    I dunno. If I were a girl... I couldn't do it. Just... ....no.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ LiI - Oh, so the photos I chose DID work. I was getting worried for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, if I can micro-example that - our 1st year of Uni I lived in a house of 6 girls - 5 white and 1 black. The 5 of us made complete f'in twats of ourselves, but the one always kept her cool... and her top on. Hummm...

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Lady E - 1st, it's nice to see a blog legend such as yourself on my site. Secondly, funny story. I guess it does depend on upbringing, but how 5 women can get buckwild and 1 not shows some serious discipline on her part... or she was as stick in the mud. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog