Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Prettiest Female

Some idiots overseas did some research to try and determine the best-looking race of women. Long story short, the Asian doctor who led the study concluded that Asian women looked the best. Imagine that.

I personally think the study was a waste of time, money and effort. There is no such thing as "the prettiest race of women." Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? How do you think Patrick Ewing ever got married?

Beauty means something different to everyone. What may look good to me, may not look good to you. And it goes even further than just judging people. My father is a fan of antique cars and because of that influence, to this day, I love seeing antiques on the road. Someone who grew up without that same influence might not have the appreciation for a '64 Impala like I do. Does that mean an '09 Impala is ugly? Of course not! So why waste so many resources trying to determine what can't be measured? I guess because someone will read it and say to themselves, "Hmmmmm... That makes sense!"

It never fails. There are enough morons in the world to take what they read and assume it's the gospel truth. After all, it takes too much effort to actually form your own opinion, right?

The good doctor also concluded that black women were the ugliest race of women. His "scientific study" determined that they possess more testosterone in their bodies than other races of females and those create masculine features that render them unattractive as a race.
There's nothing masculine about this cup of coffee.

Wow. Is that why we're bombarded with the Snookis, Kardashians and Hiltons of the world on TV and in magazines? Because the majority of the country think sistas are ugly? Nah, that study can't be correct, can it? If so, how could it explain that Sandra Oh and a few actresses in Verizon commercials are the only Asians I see regularly on TV?

Okay, I'm being a little sarcastic, but you get my point. Besides, I see beauty in all races of women. I love my dark-skinned sistas, Latinas are hot, Asian women are exotic, Indian women are majestic, and I have a fascination for white women with red hair (I was jealous of Ricky Ricardo as a child).

I guess what I'm trying to get to is this: It doesn't matter if you're a curvaceous Latina in the Bronx or a size 0 white woman in the Bay Area, you are beautiful to someone. Don't let some nut and his "scientific study" be yet another reason to lower your self-esteem. This country is way too vain as it is with how we place who we consider "beautiful people" on a pedestal. Don't let the media dictate what defines "beauty." Take beauty pageants at face value and understand that it recognizes a concept and not a reality. Instill in your daughters that they're beautiful ladies and should expect demand that they be treated as queens.

30 comments:

  1. Very interesting post, Q. When I was growing up - my mom instilled in me that the most beautiful "race" was the white, blonde-haired, blue-eyed woman. That's an Asian woman telling her half breed kid that...cool, huh? Personally, I think the most beautiful people are the ones whose race you CAN'T figure out...they are so interesting to look at and are absolutely mesmerizing. Those folks who are "mixed" with so many different races and have defining traits of EACH of their racial backgrounds are the ones I find most attractive. Yup - the MUTTS!!!! I remember this girl I went to HS with - she was the most beautiful girl in our school - she was like a mixture of Puerto Rican, Native American and Asian. WTF?! But you could pick out different things about her that personified each "race." And you're right - what floats one person's boat doesn't necessarily float another person's boat. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder - and much of the time, TRUE beauty isn't something that can be seen - because what truly makes someone beautiful includes what is inside the person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to take a (cough) bathroom break. Be back in a few minutes, relaxed for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever people do "scientific" studies about beauty I always have to laugh. Beauty is ALWAYS in the eye of the beholder and there is no such thing as an ideal. The study you cited is stupid and racist, hope it wasn't paid with tax dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree!! Great post... there's something wrong with the world if someone thinks he can really decide a race of attractiveness. Maybe it's just because of where I'm from, but most of the prettiest women I know are black. I'd trade with any of them in a second!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and interesting question. I have to go with mixed race women. I think they are stunning. They have complexions to die for, exotic eyes, and beautiful features. They have my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Reckmonster - Yeah, I think that the researcher purposely didn't include mixed because everyone tends to see something exotic in those examples. He was looking for full-blooded examples, I'm sure. I wonder why your mom instilled that in you? Espcially since science has now proven that Asians are #1. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Iz - LOL! Be sure to use hand sanitizer before getting back on the keyboard, playa.

    @ Tsaritsa - You know some tax money or grants were wasted with this garbage of research. I can't believe someone even published the results. The whole thing only proved who the dumbest scientist was.

    @ Erin - I'm sure you just made a lot of black friends in the MD area. I've never really been one to judge "pretty," but I'll judge a shape in a heartbeat. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Jewels - Thanks. Halle Berry, Mariah Carey, Rashida Jones... the list goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude- you can totally see nipple in that Asian chick's pic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wait- was I suppose to comment about your post?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Mommy Confessions - Wait. What? Does this change my blog to a PG-13 rating?

    @ Mommy Confessions II - You did, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just had to throw in that you are absolutely right about the Latina women because Sofia Vergara is SMOKIN!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Tiff - Yeah, Sophia is a straight inferno. Isn't she close to 40? She looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think all studies like this one are subjective excuses to stare at the photos of beautiful women, which is why I conduct numerous "studies" whenever my lovely wife is out of the house.

    Reck's right, of course, the more we mix the races, the better the results... and the less we need of funding for such studies I'm willing to do for free!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Squatlo, you make a good point. Maybe we should all explore the science of beauty more and stare at women. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LMAO! The patrick ewing plug was hella funny. I think your right on all counts. There are many pretty woman of all races everywhere. Beauty is on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ LogAllot - Sonia, I call them like I see them and Patrick Ewing is handsome-challenged. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone can be beautiful, inside and out. That study was totally not scientific (and I'm Asian!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria! I just don't think beauty can be measured and the fact that someone tried is ridiculous.

      Delete
  19. Hey, who IS that asian babe??? Gotta know, she is sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish that I knew her name, but I'm afraid that I don't. I found her on a devianart.com website, but I don't think that the photo is there any more. It was called "deep blue eyes" or something like that. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That doctor must have gotten his degree from correspondence school. Everybody knows ITALIAN women are the best looking in the solar system (and most modest too). We've got the hot blood, and the best looking shoes and clothes on the planet. Oh yeah,and we're much nicer than those snobbish French women who think they're all that.......lol. Leave it to a man to do a study on beauty, this guy needs to go find another job, possibly cleaning toilets. Oh I forgot, Italian women are just like fine wine, they get better with age, just ask Sophia Loren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! "Most modest, too." Classic. I will agree with you that Italian women are very beautiful. I'm not sure why this study was even done. There is no way to measure beauty. At least not scientifically. If they could do that, then they wouldn't need judges at beauty pageants. :)

      Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
    2. Aren't u just the same as that lunatic men by saying italian women are the ebst looking, u are no better than mens moron

      Delete
  22. Funny how people try to prove they have no bias by going overboard. "I think the most beautiful people are the ones whose race you CAN'T figure out". That's stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. Some people do try to prove their not racist by doing something racist.

      Delete
  23. 2 bad about Asian guys, they never do well in the sexy dept.

    ReplyDelete
  24. one race in humans just different tan every thing we call race is just the different nations we come from if we were a different race than breeding would be a lot harder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you're essentially saying that the human race trumps all? I agree with that!

      Delete

Search This Blog