Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Duck Face, the Booty Pose and Pigeon Toes

Which one of the three has ruined the art of photography? Ever since they installed a camera in every cell phone, we've been subjected to duck face, the booty pose and pigeon toes. Now, some of you are saying to yourselves, "Q, what in the world are you talking about?"

Well, I'm glad that you asked. You see, here at "Thank, Q," I do more than just rant and tell stories. I try to educate as I entertain. "Edutainment," if you want to quote an old school hip hop group called Boogie Down Productions. So, I will break down all three of these phenomenons that have changed the way we take and view photos:

Duck Face

Quack Click to enlarge.
You can blame Snooki for this one. That busty bag of Cheetos can't face a camera without going into "Mallard mode." This type of pose has probably over taken the peace sign. Then again, there's a high probability that you'll see the peace sign in conjunction with the duck face. I guess some people may think that it's cute when done properly, but I just don't get it. Especially those who overdo it and end up looking a little too much like a duck.

The Booty Pose

Click to maximize the gluteus.
The booty pose has been around since the 2 Live Crew's "Move Somethin'" album. Over time, it's hit mainstream and can be found any where from someones TwitPic to an actress on the Red Carpet at an awards show. The most unsettling thing about this provocative pose is that it's crept its way even into elementary schools. I can't count the number of Facebook photos I've seen from my "friends" who have their daughters turned around with their butt pointed towards the camera. Seriously? Do you think this is cute? If so, "Toddlers & Tiaras" is looking for more tramps in training. If you're grown, then do whatever you want with your butt and your camera, but please keep little kids innocent.

Pigeon Toes

Click to see why pigeons are filing a class action lawsuit.
The "celeb" that I blame for this one? Paris Hilton. Despite the fact that she hasn't been relevant since Brooke Hogan had a hit, her long legs forming a less than / greater than sign has stood the test of time. Now, despite the fact that some people look as if they have a physical disability when they pose, it doesn't look as bad on taller and slimmer women. Kind of like the lady who does the T-Mobile commercials. Although the pose makes her look immature, it doesn't look as deformed as some. I can't stand to see someone who is 5'2" trying to do a pigeon toe pose. It looks like they have to use the bathroom and they're trying to hold it in.



These three poses have changed photos in the 21st century. What poses irk you the most?


.

22 comments:

  1. Duck Face makes me want to murder. The booty pose I don't mind so much, if you have a booty to pull it off.

    Bonus points if they're in Yoga pants.

    Pigeon toes are for pigeon heads (remember that saying from the 90's?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pigeon heads? I don't recall that term. Chicken heads, yes, but not pigeon heads.

      Delete
  2. "Despite the fact that she hasn't been relevant since Brooke Hogan had a hit" Hahahaha

    Oh that's awesome.

    And yes... I have ZERO idea why these are suppose to be "cute".
    Also? The scrunched up nose while biting lip while dancing (just looks to me like they're constipated).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the lip biter on the dance floor is always funny to me. And what's so tripped out about it is they're normally the worst dancers.

      Delete
  3. Dude, I'm 5'2.5" and I've posed pigeon toed before. You wanna take this outside? lol

    I love the booty shot, but not little kids doing it. Like the 4 year old rapping Nicki Minaj-- maybe their mom thinks it's cute, but it's actually just kind of disgusting. Let your kids be kids, DON'T SEXUALIZE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Nah, I don't want any part of a rumble with you. You're built Philly-tough! :)

      Pigeon toe poses don't look too bad on short women who are slim. But a woman who is 5'2" and not slim, she may look like a rotisserie chicken with its legs tied.

      Delete
  4. Duck face kills me the most. Who in THE sam hell decided that looked "attractive"??????? It's riduckulous! I think the booty pose has been around for a long time - way before facebook. I remember some 20 yrs ago posing for pictures making the "sizzle" finger on my booty after a lotta beers! Good times, man...good times. Do I think little kids should be doing booty poses?? Hell to tha NO! And Q...just a point...I cannot believe that you even called it "the peace sign" - when you know DAMNED well it's called "chuckin' deuces" now. I think you just had a momentary slip...

    Your punishment shall be striking a duck-face, pigeon toed booty pose and publishing it on your blog!!! Mwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Riduckulous?" LOL! I actually don't have a problem with booty poses for those 21 and up. Of course, the photos are more enjoyable if the person actually has booty.

      And you're right. Peace signs died decades ago, didn't it? My bad. But, I'm not striking any of these three poses online! LOL!

      Delete
  5. I have a hatred for the duck face...makes me want to break out the baseball bat....

    ReplyDelete
  6. +1 for hating the duck face.

    Followed for the comedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a long line for that one. :) Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  7. I can honestly say I've never posed in a single one of those stances. I looks RIDICULOUS with a duck face...have no booty, and am not pigeon toed, bow legged or have any other foot/leg affliction. I will admit to being guilty of the profile pic taken myself from a flattering high to low angle. haha. Hey, I'm damn near perfect and am allowed one flaw. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High-to-low is a popular choice of women with cleavage! :)

      Delete
  8. Agree that for some reason pigeon toes looks better on taller people. On shorter people like myself, it's a bit dwarfish looking.

    You forgot also Fake Accidental Cleavage Shot and Mirror Flexing Politician photo. Both equally annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Mirror Flexing Politician photo. Classic! I'm sure a politician or two have regrets of "hulking out" in front of the mirror (and sending penis photos). As for the cleavage shots, what's wrong with that? :)

      Delete
  9. Add my vote for the duck face. Cant say I really knew about the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mynx, if you weren't aware of the others, then I'm sorry that I exposed them to you. LOL!

      Delete
  10. I don't have a name for it but what about the "guy standing in the bathroom mirror holding his arms at an awkward angle and we're supposed to think he's relaxing but he's actually flexing really hard to show off his 'guns' and tattoos" pose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't a clue what it's called, but it's tired as well. LOL! In fact, posing in the bathroom is kind of tacky to me any way. :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  11. I don't understand. I am pigeon toed for real and it hurts. It causes damage to your knees and hips, make you look retarded and/or deformed and I got ton of people all the time asking if I am really pigeon toed. It stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's just one of those monkey-see, monkey-do things, Rebecca. Paris Hilton did it and now everyone does it. Sorry that you're hurting from it.

      Delete

Search This Blog