Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Women in the Kitchen

Hopefully, too many women won't get upset when they read this.  If they read the entire blog post, then I wouldn't expect them to be mad.

Anyhoo, growing up as a 70' s baby, I only knew about women in the kitchen when it came to cooking.  I didn't know any men who cooked for the family.  Sure, the occasional cookouts would have men on the grill, but in the kitchen?  Nope.

Fast forward to 2013 and it's a whole new world.  Women are no longer expected to rule the kitchen in many modern households.  Although this is the case, I'm not sure that a lot of men got the memo because I know plenty of them who cannot cook!

And that's what is so tripped out about it.  You would think that as women evolved to not being able to cook that men would catch on and take up the slack, but that's far from the case.  I have two friends who are single fathers and of course, they can throw down a nice meal at the drop of a hat.  But, I know tons of other guys who are microwaving frozen dinners at age 40 and don't even know how to make a pot of coffee.  A typical dinner for them is either a salisbury steak with a frozen center or a bowl of cereal.

So, fellas, step things up in 2013.  Learn how to cook, especially if you're under 30.  The odds of you finding a woman who enjoys cooking is a lot slimmer these days than when my dad was dating.

Is a man who cannot cook a turn off to ladies?

Is a lady who cannot cook a turn off to men?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog