Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

What's Tasteful?

Have you ever been out and about or just sitting home on the couch watching TV and you see someone in a jacked up outfit? "What was he/she thinking when they put that on?"

What makes our taste in fashion so different in this country? Are they that different in other countries? I'll need some of my readers in the U.K., Germany, India and other places to speak up in the comments section to let me know how it is over there.

The beauty of being in the U.S. is that you're free to make an idiot out of yourself. That may mean transforming your face into a lizard via cosmetic surgery or growing fingernails longer than the blades on a ceiling fan. But, when is enough, enough? When is something so distasteful that it should be banned?

Have you ever worn or got something done to yourself that you later regretted?


"I never wait in line. Who would want me standing behind them?"

11 comments:

  1. I remember the "Swing" music rebirth in the 90's, and yes, I owned a bright red zoot suit.

    I looked awesome. Girls loved it, and I was a very popular guy.

    But... if I wore it now? I'd be drawn and quartered...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zoot suit was the coolest suit ever invented. Hang on to it. It could be relevant again in 2020. Keep the faith! Styles always come back!

      Delete
    2. We had a swing dance club at my highschool, but only the first year I was there. Swing died and was replaced by JNCO jeans.

      Delete
    3. JNCO? Wow. I haven't heard that name in a minute. How did this become a swing dancing comment section anyway? LOL! Freakin', Brandon.

      Delete
    4. Hell yeah, it's called the 80's and early 90's. I wore a bright ass teal lace dress to my 8th grade dance that was horrific...plus those GIANT ass glasses that I had to wear until they started making smaller frames. Poor me.

      Delete
    5. Jewels, you're going to share photos, right? :)

      Delete
  2. Two regret-filled words: HOME PERM.

    Yes, when I was in HS, circa 1988 - I allowed my MOTHER to administer the Ogilvie home perm. Big mistake. Factor in "spikey bangs" with that home perm...yeah...you just let your imagination wander.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! LOL! I'm so sorry to laugh at your pain, but I'm imagining that and it's cracking me up. Now, I want to see photos of you, too.

      Delete
  3. No but I miss the 80's when I could wear purple corduroys with rainbow suspenders and it was totally cool. (I was little).

    I love blue but that chick looks like a smurf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Purple corduroys with rainbow suspenders?" LOL!. Yeah, I remember the 80's oh, so well. I think I had a pair of moss green corduroys. LOL! No suspenders though!

      As for Smurfette, she's a little too blue for my taste. :)

      Delete

Search This Blog