Pages

Friday, May 17, 2019

Why Do We Do Things Not In Our Best Interest?

It's amazing how strong emotions are.  Emotions have caused wars between nations, fights within family, and falling outs amongst friends.  Sometimes these things can't be avoided, but most of the time, they can be.

All it takes is someone stepping back and thinking of consequences, but the very nature of emotion prevents that.  Emotions and logic cannot exist within the same space.  I don't understand why people act before thinking, but I guess that's what makes the human mind so fascinating.  And I'm not just talking about a knee-jerk or impulsive reaction to something immediate.  Someone can actually have plenty of time to think things over yet still allow their ego to cloud their judgement.

People will do and say things that will hurt them and they'll act like they're okay with the consequences.  From women who vote for politicians who spit on Women's Rights to someone losing a friendship because they have too much pride to admit fault.

I've witness three indicents this week alone that have not played out yet.  One of them is more serious than the other two.  As I watch everything unfold, I wonder if any of those people involved will simply walk away and bring about peace or will they retaliate and spiral things into more chaos?

Sad to say, I'm putting my money on chaos.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog