Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

(VIDEOS) The New Harlem Shake?

Okay, I'm all for new trends and viral videos, but I'm so confused on this one.  First of all, the Harlem Shake is a dance that's been around for probably more than a decade.  It goes as shown below...

However, it's back again and with a twist.  A very crazy twist, I might add.  People are uploading videos to YouTube of their version of the Harlem Shake and it looks nothing like the original.  In fact, the entire concept of the video is one person dancing until a certain part of the song and then...  well, watch the video below to get  taste of what happens...



So, the videos are generally 30 seconds long and it spotlights one person before everyone else joins him by doing something totally off-the-wall. This one I don't understand, but it makes me literally laugh out loud every time I see it...

 

And here's another...

 

And another...

 

And here's a creative one...

 

So, you get the point by now. This is the new "planking" and I have to admit that it's actually funnier. It requires more creativity, if you ask me. Despite it being extremely stupid, sometimes a little stupidity goes a long way to bringing a smile across sensible people's faces! For those who want to see the Original Harlem Shake, then check the video below and you'll get a feel for it within the first minute...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog