Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Flashback to Pros


 At least once a month, I'm going to flashback to previous posts for my new followers who may have missed out. A year ago today, I posted about how some guys just don't realize how good they have it. Some guys can have a great situation at home, but allow their ego to mess it up. Memo to all guys: if you put family first, then your ego won't ever deter you away from the correct decision in anything. This includes the career of your wife. 

You see, some guys can't tolerate not being the breadwinner of the family. A man may even limit the success of his wife simply because he thinks more salary equals more leverage. If a woman has a successful career when you meet her or aspirations of one, then do not deter her. Help her reach her goals or find someone else to marry if it threatens your tiny mind. But, don't ever try to turn a pro(fessional woman) into a housewife. Here's the story I'm referring to from a year ago...


Ladies, would you give up your career for a man? Fellas, would you ask a woman to do so?

2 comments:

  1. No, I would not give up my career or educational aspirations for a man. I know that psychological, a lot of men derive their identity from their careers and feel the need to be the provider. I can respect that, but at the same time there has to be a sense on his part of respecting my need to achieve my goals.

    The thing about salary equaling leverage has always been downright sad to me because in marriage, I see money and everything else as "ours." He or I may be the one earning it, but I entered into a partnership with this person and therefore what I have, he has. It's not mine, it's ours. It's not me, it's us. This has always been my philosophy for a successful relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. A lot of people forget that and still think in terms of being single. But, to a lot of people, relationships are all about leverage and that's where they fail.

      Delete

Search This Blog