They finally got me. I thought a trusted friend was sending a video to me and didn't realize that they'd been hacked as well until it was too late. I finally got fooled.
My Instagram account of 10+ years is no more. I have uninstalled it and I have moved on.
It's all good though. My activity on IG basically nothing minus the one or two times per week I checked it for funny videos that people send me. I wasn't using it regularly, but it still contained a lot of content.
I hope nothing malicious is done with the photos. With today's A.I. being as good as it is, the last thing that I want to see is my face robbing a bank in Idaho or something. That's a real concern in 2026.
But I also will miss some of the connections. For some people, IG was the only link that I had to them. Friends in Toronto that I met over a decade ago. Friends in Louisiana whose businesses I try to support. Local businesses that I follow for upcoming events. I'll have to find another way to track them all down.
In the meantime, if you see a video of someone who looks like me being chased by the police in a stolen car, just know that it's not really me. And if you later find out that it was me then know that I probably have a pretty good explanation for it.
(And happy birthday to my friend, Tami Scott in Louisville, KY.)

Happened to me too, but the worst part for creators, small businesses and entrepreneurs sometimes that legit like or comment from a semi celebrity or local figure means everything in a competitive world....and then of course sometimes the only contact with someone...hackers should get hacked, lol
ReplyDeleteRight. It can really set entrepreneurs back when things like this happen. You built yours back stronger than ever though.
Delete